The Bachelor of Business Administration is a completer program accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education. Students who enter this program have already completed some college-level work and are prepared to pursue a bachelor’s degree. This innovative program provides students with flexible and convenient educational tools that are designed to meet the needs of working adults aspiring to management positions.
The Bachelor of Business Administration online program provides the knowledge base and skills necessary for successful business practice and for a career in management. This program also provides the foundation needed for entry into an MBA program. Students who plan to enroll in Sage Graduate School’s MBA program have the option of completing an accelerated track option.
Students who complete the Bachelor of Business Administration online degree from The Sage Colleges will be able to:
- Apply appropriate and effective use of technology for organizations.
- Communicate effectively through the delivery of written and oral presentations.
- Synthesize managerial practice with stakeholder theory and socially responsible decision-making.
- Analyze, evaluate and develop effective leadership skills in a variety of settings.
- Understand the social, financial, environmental, legal, political and global issues facing contemporary organizations.
- Utilize critical-thinking skills to understand and apply problem-solving strategies and techniques for organizational and individual decision-making.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate knowledge in the sub disciplines of management through experiential learning.
- Demonstrate professionalism within the context of the work environment.
* Students must take all of the core courses listed below (except that students may choose between BUS 209 and MAT 112, and they may also choose between MAT 220 and ECO 215). Students must also take an additional 12 credit hours of elective ACC, BUS, ECO or LAW courses (not listed below) or choose 12 credit hours of courses from either a marketing concentration or an organizational studies concentration.
Students who take this course cannot receive credit for MAT 220 or PSY/PSYC 207.
LIFE Skills Curriculum General Education Requirements (30-32 credits):
- HUM 112: Language and Community (3 credits)
- Complete HUM 112. (ENG 101, ENG 102 or HUM 113 may be used to fulfill this requirement).
- Complete two courses from the following disciplines: ARH, COM, EGL, HUM, PHL, SPA, FRE (6 credits)
- Social Science
- Complete two courses from the following disciplines: CRM, ECO, HIS, PSC, PSY, PSYC, SCL (6 credits)
- Complete two courses from the following disciplines: BIO, CHM, PHY, SCI (6-8 credits)
- Mathematics (3 credits)
- Complete MAT 110 or higher. (ECO 215 or PSY 207 may be used to fulfill this requirement).
- Interdisciplinary Topics (3 credits)
- Complete one ITD 300-level course
- Technology Competency (0–3 credits)
- Waiver competency test available
- Experiential-Based Learning
- (Internship) in the major
- Capstone Seminar
- (Senior Project) in the major
Total LIFE Credits 30-32
*Note: One three credit course may “double count” in helping students to meet both a major requirement and general education requirement. Course credits are not doubled however.
The School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE) offers rolling admission with start terms in fall, spring and summer. Applications are encouraged well in advance to the start of each term so that there is ample time for transfer credit evaluations and financial aid packaging.
Working directly with an admission counselor, we evaluate the amount of transferable credit and work experience you have. We strongly encourage you to be in good academic standing, have at least 40 completed college credits or have an associate degree.
How to Apply
Choose one of the following:
- Apply now online
- Request a printed application by calling (518) 292-8615 or emailing us at email@example.com
Students must submit:
- A completed application for admission
- An official transcript from each postsecondary institution attended since high school. To do this, complete and print the Official Transcript Request Form (located on the last page of this document) and fax it to 800-473-2512.
- A one- to two-page career goals essay
International students must submit additional information including WES transcript in order to be admitted.
- Download International Student Instructions (PDF)
- Download International Student Financial Statement (PDF)
Students can expect to receive an admission decision within two weeks after their admission file is considered complete. Students who have completed the admission procedures and gained acceptance to an undergraduate degree or certificate program will be classified as a matriculated student, are eligible for financial aid and will be assigned a faculty advisor.