The Sage College’s undergraduate certificate program in Information Technology (IT), offered through Russell Sage Online, is an introductory program designed to introduce and/or reinforce fundamental concepts of information technology within the framework of computer information systems. The online Certificate in Information Technology program exposes students to a set of relevant courses in computer information systems such as data communications and networking, programming, relational database systems, information systems development, web applications development and computer security. Upon completion of the online Certificate in Information Technology program, students are prepared for an entry-level position in the various areas of information technology and also this program serves as a gateway to various undergraduate programs in information technology.
Upon completion of the Certificate program in Information Technology (IT), students will be able to:
- Assume an entry-level position in various areas of information technology.
- Gain the foundation to transfer to various undergraduate programs in information technology, including the B.S. in Information Technology and Cybersecurity through Russell Sage Online.
- Gain knowledge and skills needed to earn more specialized and industry-relevant certifications that are crucial to enter a wide variety of careers in information technology.
• ITC-101 Information Technology Fundamentals*
Core Requirements: (33 credits)
*This course may be waived at the discretion of the program director for students with previous IT-related coursework or relevant experience.
The School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE) offers rolling admission with start terms in fall, spring and summer. Applications are encouraged well in advance to the start of each term so that there is ample time for transfer credit evaluations and financial aid packaging.
Working directly with an admission counselor, we evaluate the amount of transferable credit and work experience you have. We strongly encourage you to have at least 40 completed college credits or an associate degree. It is required that applicants have 40 completed college-level credits in good academic standing to be accepted.
How to Apply
Choose one of the following:
- Apply now online
- Request a paper application by calling (518) 292-8615 or emailing us at [email protected]
Students must submit:
- A completed application for admission
- An official transcript from EACH post-secondary institution attended since high school. To do this, complete and print the Official Transcript Request Form (located on the last page of this document) and fax it to 800-473-2512.
- A one- to two-page career goals essay
International students must submit additional information including WES transcript in order to be admitted.
- Download International Student Instructions (PDF)
- Download International Student Financial Statement (PDF)
Students can expect to receive an admission decision within two weeks after their admission file is considered complete. Students who have completed the admission procedures and gained acceptance to an undergraduate degree or certificate program will be classified as a matriculated student, are eligible for financial aid and will be assigned a faculty advisor.