The School of Management at The Sage Colleges is proud to offer its long-standing, highly regarded MBA program through Russell Sage Online. The MBA program, in addition to all School of Management programs, is fully accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). Sage’s online MBA program is designed to develop leaders who can manage complex organizations and who have the desire and capability to move into high-level positions. Sage MBA graduates have gone on to accept major leadership roles in business, government, health care and nonprofit organizations for nearly three decades.
Sage’s MBA is tailored to professionals currently in the workplace. The contemporary, practitioner-oriented MBA program includes study into the behavioral aspects of management. When combined with business experience, the MBA program offered through Russell Sage Online will develop leaders who are prepared to make effective decisions in any organization.
Sage’s School of Management requires a minimum of 42 semester hours of graduate coursework. Prerequisite coursework may be required if students do not have a background in management or business. To determine whether prerequisite coursework is necessary, prospective students should contact their enrollment counselor.
Students can choose among several specialized courses to fulfill their elective category, or opt to pursue a concentration in Human Resource Management or Marketing. These areas of concentration cover the knowledge and skills central to establishing competencies in the area that the student finds most critical and interesting.
For students who do not wish to pursue an area of concentration, the Russell Sage Online MBA offers a number of traditional MBA electives, or the option to take courses in other graduate programs for a total of 9 credits. Students may complete their 9-credit requirement by choosing from a vast array of complementary graduate courses.
* Students must complete all of the core courses listed below as well three specialization courses (not listed). Students may need to complete some of the elective courses listed below if they did not satisfy those requirements in their undergraduate studies.
Human Resource Management
The Russell Sage Online Graduate Schools use a student-managed application procedure. Your application, transcripts and letters of recommendation should be submitted in a single envelope. This will allow Russell Sage Online Graduate Schools to process your application and to make decisions in a timelier manner.
Application Procedures for Admission to Degree Study
- Apply Online! The application fee ($40) is waived for all online applicants.
- Download a paper application form.
- Submit an official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended since high school. To do this, complete and print the Official Transcript Request Form (located on the last page of this document) and fax it to 800-473-2512.
**If you graduated more than seven years ago from one of The Sage Colleges, you will need to request transcripts from all other institutions.
- Download recommendation form (PDF).
- Give each person preparing your recommendation a form and an envelope. Request each to enclose the completed recommendation form in the envelope, seal it and mail the envelope to you. DO NOT BREAK THE SEAL. If we receive a recommendation that has been opened, the contents will not be accepted. Two recommendations are required for admission.
4. CAREER GOALS ESSAY
- Write a one- to three-page typed statement of your personal and professional goals as they relate to your graduate studies.
- Enclose a copy of your current resume.
- Kimberly A. Fredericks, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, Assistant Professor, Management
- Dayna M. Maniccia, DrPh, MS
Assistant Professor; Director – Health Services Administration Program; Coordinator – Public Health at The Sage Colleges
- MaryEllen Tedesco, M.S.
Adjunct Professor, Director MBA/Organization Management Online Programs