The School of Management at The Sage Colleges proudly offers its MS in Health Services Administration through Russell Sage Online. The school and program are fully accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The MS in Health Services Administration prepares healthcare managers to meet the diverse needs of this rapidly expanding field of health services, and also prepares students to serve as healthcare managers in a variety of settings.
There are numerous opportunities for health service administrators in hospitals, nursing homes, hospices, health maintenance organizations, home care agencies, hospital associations, health insurance companies, managed care companies and governmental health planning and regulatory agencies.
The multi-disciplinary design of the program reflects the faculty’s conviction that healthcare managers must be prepared for widely varying roles. The Master’s in Health Administration online program at The Sage Colleges not only prepares students to assume general responsibilities that span a number of departments in a healthcare delivery organization, but also gives them an opportunity to gain expertise in more specific areas as well. It is well understood that Sage graduates will take on a variety of roles in health services organizations, some purely administrative and some that combine administration and clinical practice.
The core academics of the program offer students a comprehensive set of managerial and analytical skills that will improve problem solving, human relations and program planning as well as analysis capabilities. You will learn from and work with faculty who are experts and practitioners in the field of healthcare administration, health services research, and program planning and evaluation. At Sage, you will study alongside professors who practice what they teach.
* This is the non-research option of the program (the only one currently being offered online by The Sage Colleges). Students must take all of the core courses listed below as well as all of the major courses (barring HSA 577 and HSA 587—students may choose between the two) plus one HSA elective (not listed below) to be approved by an advisor.
The Russel Sage Online Graduate Schools use a student-managed application procedure. Your application, transcripts and letters of recommendation should be submitted in a single envelope. This will allow Russell Sage Online Graduate Schools to process your application and to make decisions in a timelier manner.
Application Procedures for Admission to Degree Study
- Apply Online! The application fee ($40) is waived for all online applicants.
- Download a printable application form.
- Submit an official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended since high school. To do this, complete and print the Official Transcript Request Form (located on the last page of this document) and fax it to 800-473-2512.
**If you graduated more than seven years ago from one of The Sage Colleges, you will need to request transcripts from all other institutions.
- Download recommendation form (PDF).
- Give each person preparing your recommendation a form and an envelope. Request each to enclose the completed recommendation form in the envelope, seal it and mail the envelope to you. DO NOT BREAK THE SEAL. If we receive a recommendation that has been opened, the contents will not be accepted. Two recommendations are required for admission.
4. CAREER GOALS ESSAY
- Write a one- to three-page typed statement of your personal and professional goals as they relate to your graduate studies.
- Enclose a copy of your current resume.
- Kimberly A. Fredericks, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, Assistant Professor, Management
- Dayna M. Maniccia, DrPh, MS
Assistant Professor; Director – Health Services Administration Program; Coordinator – Public Health at The Sage Colleges
- MaryEllen Tedesco, M.S.
Adjunct Professor, Director MBA/Organization Management Online Programs